Tuesday 20 August 2013

Play day.....

An excellent day, thanks to Linda for brilliant tuition letting us experiment within clear boundaries.
I really enjoyed working in acrylic paint and a variety of implements, not brushes, on large sheets of paper. I had a very limited palette of colours and this was a good discipline. Our theme was gardens in full blown summer splendour. I've never done anything like this before, so really pleased to have been nudged out the comfort zone!
Here are a few of the sheets I worked on today.

This is the first and I was still thinking more litterally but I learned alot about layering paint and the ability to use anything but a brush!
Next I thought about the possibility of using the painted sheet as a means of printiong a design on to fabric and these next two are ideas for this.





Here I think I'll try and isolate an area and just work with that.




This is half finished. I need to add another couple of layers and get  bit of zing colour added.


No comments:

Post a Comment